Planning a weekend escape that includes a day at the spa? First time to a spa? Not sure of the proper etiquette? Follow these guidelines and you are sure to enjoy your visit:
- Pack a small bag and bring with you your make-up, brush, deodorant, and any other toiletries to prepare you once you leave the spa. Towels and washcloths will be provided and most spas will supply shampoo, conditioner, and hair dryer.
- If you are going to a full service spa, arrive at least 30 minutes early. You will then be directed to the locker room where you will be given a personal locker. Inside the locker you will find a bathrobe and slippers.
- You should shower before your first treatment. If time allows you may then proceed to the sauna or steam room.
- During your treatment it is up to you if you prefer to be chatty Cathy or enjoy complete silence.
- After each treatment, you should be offered a bottle of water and if not, feel free to ask for water, tea, or juice. If you have multiple treatments, you should be offered light snacks.
- When you leave, ask the receptionist if the gratuity is included and if not, at your discretion it is suggested to tip 10%-15%.